1. I have made custom metaboxes that show up fine in sections on the Submission page (both front and back end), but I want them to also show up in sections on the final live listing page that visitors will see. Currently, the info gets all lumped in together in the "Details" section of the Listings page (see related URL).
2. Why are the thumbnails of each entry so blurry? I've uploaded a 800px wide pic, but when it's used at various smaller sizes across a listing (feature image, gallery etc), it looks like crap. The original scan is crisp.
Other than this, it is a great theme. Having a fun time setting it up. Hope you can help.
This is my first call for support. How long does a reply usually take?
My experience is replies are fairly quick, with the exception of stuff posted on or right before a weekend.
1. Are you adding custom metaboxes to custom listing types or to the built-in ones? The two are handled very differently.
2. I just made that same complaint. They look very amateurish and not professional at all. I've asked for clarification as to if A) another image can be substituted and/or B) if there is an optimal size.
The samples on the demo look much better, and my guess is that a smaller size is used (better quality on the "thumbnails") and sampled up for the Featured Image on the top of the Individual listing (which might be sampled up, and thus loose some crispness, but there is a graduated overlay so perhaps the author felt it was okay to not have a high quality image??).
Counter-intuitive, as you'd want the "hero" image on the top of the individual listing page to be as perfect as you get. Not an optimal situation.
If I find a work-around, I'll try to post here. Hopefully, by participating in this thread I can find it again. (Have you found a search feature here? I'd really like to search for other posts that might already have a solution, rather than open a new ticket if I can avoid it.)
Thanks for your input, G.MI! Much appreciated.
1. I am using custom metaboxes to custom listing types.
2. Hm. All good info. Hopefully the support people can explain how the images work so we can get a better result. Sorry, haven't found a search feature.
Hi, read about the thumbnail sizes in the documentation:
Don't forget to regenerate your existing images.
What about the other issue? Custom metaboxes for custom listing types showing on the listing page? Not just on the submission page.
Need some replies on this as it's holding up a site launch.
Any support would be appreciated.
I already replied to your other tickets. Hope it helps.
Where is the reply about the metaboxes?
I am sorry, I am quite lost. What issue are you referring to exactly, please?
My original post:
1. I have made custom metaboxes that show up fine in sections on the Submission page (both front and back end), but I want them to also show up in sections on the final live listing page that visitors will see. Currently, the info gets all lumped in together in the "Details" section of the Listings page
Well, if I can't get any help here, why did I pay for support? And if I can't get this problem solved, then I can't launch the site and I've wasted my money on buying the theme.
Hi. Read the documentation, please:
Mark Section flag if you want to put values of its fields into own section in listing detail page instead of showing them in listing overview section. Be noticed, that only fields which are marked with Skip flag are shown in this metabox section.
Mark Skip flag if you want to show value of this fields into own metabox section in listing detail page instead of listing overview section. Be noticed, that metabox of the field has to be marked with Section flag.
Thanks! I'll try this.